Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I need a copy of my mothers award letter, I am Mahlon clay

Customer Question

i need a copy of my mothers award letter, I am Mahlon clay Moore, son of Deronda Sue Moore my SS. is###-##-####I have power of attorney over her accounts, we are trying to refinance the house and the morgue company needs this letter to finish the paper work, may please get another copy I can not find the one that was sent back in January thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
She will want to go to ssa.gov/myaccount and order her "benefits" letter, which is what refinance companies are supposed ask for, to know her income. But, if they want the OLD award letter than has no current validity to speak of, your mom can request it from her local office. If she can't physically do that, if you have her sign a SSA-1696 and "appoint" you as her representative, you can then request her Old award letter from the SSA.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!
Hello again. It is month end - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:
1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR
2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.
If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service - to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!
Sincerely,
Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional