Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

After reexamination of your records, you found additional

Customer Question

After reexamination of your records, you found additional funds to be due. Where was this discrepency found? Monies from what was not registered for the year 2013? My name is Mary H&R Block does my taxes
every year and I don't understand where this money comes from that is due.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
Please know, however, that Just Answer is not affiliated with the Social Security Administration in any way, and I will need some additional information from you so that I can be of assistance.
Is the money due from Social Security to you or due from you to Social Security? If due from you, my best estimation would be that you have not reached full retirement age and earned more income for 2013 than allowed, and your benefits were reduced.
In other words, there is a yearly limit to the amount of money that you can receive. If you go over that limit in any given year, your benefits will be reduced. The yearly limit amount was $15,120 for 2013.
The following link contains excellent, detailed information:
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3739/What-happens-if-I-work-and-get-Social-Security-retirement-benefits
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb