Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

If I'm just starting to work and I'm 51 years old now. How

Customer Question

If I'm just starting to work and I'm 51 years old now. How many years do I need to work till I can qualify fr social security? Also, how much do I need to earn to receive maximin social security benefit? What do I need to earn to get minimum social security payments at age 65? Thanks Lee
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
You need to earn 40 credits. You can earn them up to 4 credits per calendar year. That means 10 calendar years at least. That will get you the lowest benefit amount. More work means more sizable benefit amount. Right now, $1220 will get you 1 credit, so $4880 in 2015 will get you all four for this year. Next year and the next years, it will likely be a little bit higher for each credit. But, $4880 is not so hard to earn in a year, so it is quite a part time requirement.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!
Hello again. It is month end - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:
1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR
2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.
If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service - to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!
Sincerely,
Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional