dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am 63 years old, self employed real estate appraiser. My

Customer Question

I am 63 years old, self employed real estate appraiser. My wife and I have been appraising toghether and married for over 40 years. We are trying to decide what to do with the rest of our lives. I would like to find a fee based advisor to make sure we make the best decision regarding ss. Seems like all the "experts" are just salesmen. Any great book to read? How do I find an honest non sales person to look over our situation?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.
Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 37 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Not sure why you would want to give up 1 to 2 percent of your estate value to pay an annual fee to an advisor. That is a lot of money to spend. I highly recommend meeting with someone at Fidelity Investments as their services are free. I also recommend purchasing the book: SS Answer Book by Stanley Tomkiel, III which is a great reference and will answer all of your questions. I wish you well.
Please rate my answer with three or more stars or smiles.