annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

My account is being deducted charge to me disabitily

Customer Question

my account is being deducted for a charge to me disabitily account for durable medical equipement that was never incurred in 2008 for 3,049.94 ..no benefit will be paid to me for may, June July who can stop this fraud
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** and I've been preparing taxes for 27 years. I'll be happy to help you.
Since there is an additional charge for either a phone call or an email, can you please tell me a little bit more about your situation.
Specifically, where did the bill for these services originate from.....the hospital? An independent medical supply company? Do they still have records that far back?
If it's an individual medical company, upon whose authority did they provide equipment. I know I had to show a picture ID AND have an RX from my doctor to get what I needed. However, in 2008 that MAY not have been a requirement then.
Also, if you were in the hospital in 2008 (the year that you stated this all stated) what was your doctor's diagnosis at that time? (I'm looking for a diagnosis that would NOT have left you needing the medical equipment that you're being charged for now.)
It's vital for you to see if someone else is using your SS# (which would fall under the identity theft umbrella), or if this was a 1x thing.
Social Security will want proof 1 way or the other before they release your funds, and unfortunately, due to all of the privacy laws now, you are the only person who can get this information.
My job starts when you have all of the information. That will tell me what our next step is...whether I can help you, or if you would be better served if I transfer this to our legal category (who would have wanted all the same information)
I know how frustrating this is, but you have to start at the beginning to find out if your identity has been stolen (probably not real likely on the basis you provided in your question), but you definitely need to know how this started, so that you can get the proof you need for SS to correct their records.
I hope this helps......