dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

If social security gives you # ***** is not valid work can they

Customer Question

if social security gives you # ***** is not valid work can they deduct off your paycheck??If they do for 30 years can you get that money back???
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.
Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 37 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Please re write your question as I cannot understand what you are asking. What do you mean that "if SS gives you # ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30 years ago I came from Canada and socilal security office give me SS # ***** use . Working as a automechanic they deducted all those years from my paycheck thenh 8 years ago at 66 year old I tryed to collect my social security they told me I dont have legal status and they refuse to pay me.So you don't need to be legal to pay? Now I just wonder if they can do that "collect" and not pay back. Have I know that I would never let them deduct from my paycheck. It's my $$$ isn't it???? thanks for responce DK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how come I was legal to pay?? not legal to collect??
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
So they agree that this is your ss#?