Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I worked at Franklin Square Hospital now a Medstar Facility

Customer Question

I worked at Franklin Square Hospital now a Medstar Facility ,in Baltimore Maryland from
Sept,1969 until October 1983. I called themtosee if I was eligible for any pension benefits.
I was told that when they became Medstar they evaluated all previous employees and gavethose eligible a cash payout.I was not notified.Itwas only last year that I questioned the
Dates and time of my employment.I called Franklin Square and was told that they did not
Have my records any longer and that I should have recieved a letter from them at the time
That they became MedStar or Helix.I recieved nothing from them.They also told me that if
I was entitled I would have to pay someone,maybe she said Social Security about $150
To get that information.I need more I formation on who to contact and the amount I need
To pay for it.We are retired now and I can't really afford to throw money ago.How do Iget
Accurate information aboutth get the work records and to see if I am eligible for anything
L
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
Yes, you want a detailed earnings statement, which will give, for every year you worked, the amount earned and name and address of the employer. It IS upwards of $150, yes, although that is subject to change.
You can go here to download the form, and pay the current price indicated.
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3837/How-can-I-get-a-detailed-earnings-statement-that-includes-my-employers-or-a-certified-record-of-my-yearly-earnings-and-taxes
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!