dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

There.. I am legal guardian grandson, and have been

Customer Question

Hi There.. I am legal guardian for my grandson, and have been since he was 1yr old. I received a monthly disability check for him. I was able to save a decent amount of money for his future. He will be turning 18 the end of May. I just received a letter stating any money saved needs to be returned to the SS Administration. I have recently transferred the money into my account and am planning to put it into as trust for him. He is too young and inexperienced to have access to it and at this point knows nothing about it.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
it can be spent on college, a car, etc. SS has no idea what you "have left". I am not advocating fraud but they will never know what is "left".