How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1540
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife

Customer Question

My wife XXXXXXXXXX passed away 02/06/2015. Her date of death was wrongly entered as 2014. SS with no communication or any warning with me, her husband, sucked one entire year of my wifes benefits out of my bank account. They apologized and said it would take at least 60 days to correct the problem. Is there any way to immediately refund me? I am paying close to 20% interest (credit card) in the mean time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 2 years ago.
I don't see any possible way to expedite your request. I'm not expecting you to rate my answer favorably, but I thought you would want to know the facts.
I wish there were something that could be done, but it appears you've already done everything possible.