Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Im medically retired from the U.S. Army for injuries in the

I'm medically retired from the U.S. Army for injuries in the line of duty. I receive VA Disability on 100% service connection and recently approved for SSD. While I was able to work, I also was writing a book about Christianity. I self Published the book and will receive royalties as the book sales. I don't expect it will make the "New York Times Best Selling" list, but I might sell a few hundred copies or so. Will I loose my SS disability as a result of a book I wrote prior to being granted benefits?

I'm asking for donations for the books I buy and sell, but they can be purchased from the publisher directly.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

John Pierce, U.S. Army Retired
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

Megan C :

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you today

Megan C :

First off, I want to say thank you for the years of service that you put in for our country. It's men and women like you who make life as we know it possible.

Megan C :

Since the book was written in the past, this would not impact your social security benefits

Megan C :

However, in order to even begin to impact your benefits you would have to be making more than $750 per month

Megan C :

You can make less than $750 per month indefinitely with no impact to your benefits.

Megan C :

So, you're safe.

Megan C :

Is there anything else I can help you with today, John?

Customer:

That was easy money for you! lol! I don't expect to make that, but if I do make the "Times List", I'll send you a copy and I want need my SSD. Thank uou Kindly Megan!

Customer:

God Bless you! John Pierce

Megan C :

You're welcome. If you would, please rate me positively so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Excellent! Coming right up!

Experience: Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level