dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

13 years of contributions to SS and 18 years to Canada PP

I have 13 years of contributions to SS. I also have 18 years of contributions to Canada Pension Plan. I am 58, annual income $200K and I am resident in US. If I stop contributions now due to early retirement. How much would SS pay at age 67, please?

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

if you have paid into the US SS fund for ten years or more, you have 40 credits which entitles you to SS benefits beginning at age 66. Note, however, the amount you will receive is based on the average of your ten highest years of income contributions. Accordingly, if you averaged 200K per year for ten years or more, you will receive about $2600 per month from SS. Also, there would not be an offset from Canada as the majority of your work time was paid into Canada's system.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.