Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

miss megan good morning, one more question. with that social

Customer Question

miss megan good morning, one more question. with that social security question . of course i know about the 10 year rule , sigle and the third you do not qulify for a pension or higher than his what is that mean
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lindie-Moderator replied 9 months ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

so do i pay for you orwait for miss magen

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Aida.

What this means is that if you have a benefit off your own record which is higher than your survivor benefit, you would get that higher benefit instead. However, based on your question and our discussion I do not believe that you qualify for a higher amount on your own.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if you need anything additional

Megan
Experience: Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yeah you are right. i am a little nothing my ex was a lawyer he made more than i did and worked longer . so you mean they look at what would ihave gotton at age 60

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

What i found out so far is my file is been done the case worker that did it set to go on dec 8 which will make a month from my old 60 years of age is that set electroniclly to go

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
That's great news! I'm glad that it is all working out for you. If you have any more quesions, please don't hesitate to ask. Also, please give a positive rating so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i always do i also send the feed back about hope they let you know. one more thing does that lady send it out on dec 8 or it goes electronicly and how long after that i get the letter. you know social security so good .

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your follow up. You should get the letter shortly theraffter. I'm not certain exactly how long it will be, because sometimes social security takes a while to get around to things. No more than 60 days.

Thanks!

Megan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

is it finished once it goes dec 8 . who approved it was that the feild office women who looked at my docs

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
Yes, it's finished once it reaches December 8. The lady in the field office sent your paperwork to someone else at a service center who approved it...but she would know that you would be approved based on your documents.

Thanks!

Megan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

so where does it go dec 8

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
Honestly, I don't know where it goes. The important thing is that it's approved and you will receive your check starting with the month following your 60th birthday.

Thanks!

Megan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

you are the best honest . kind and the best and you tell the truth i learned so much from you I think because itr's a month away from 60 it goes to the center where they set it up. i think from what i remember from that women in the feild Thanks . have a nice day.

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
You have a great day too, Aida. Also, please don't forget to rate me positively. Have a great day!