retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Experience:  13 years experience in social security

I retired early at age 58. My yearly earnings at that time

I retired early at age 58. My yearly earnings at that time were $51,834. I have not worked since. How can I calculate my benefits? The schedules all assume you will work until your earliest retirement age. I do not plan on benefits until absolutely necessary, hopefully well after age 65.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 8 months ago.

retirementlawyer :

Hello and welcome. My name isXXXXX am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

retirementlawyer :

The social security office uses your highest 35 years of earnings to calculate your benefits,

retirementlawyer :

fo how many years have you been making $51,834 or around that number?

Customer:

6 years

retirementlawyer :

What you will need to do is the the detailed calculator linked above, it will go through every year you have worked,

retirementlawyer :

and give you an accurate amount,

retirementlawyer :

they will use the highest 35 years of work to give you your benefit amounts,

Customer:

Thank you.

retirementlawyer :

The only real way to calculate how much you will receive is to use the average income you received all your earnings history, they do not care about the last few years,

retirementlawyer :

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

retirementlawyer :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

retirementlawyer :

You have given us a poor rating I have provided you the correct answer the link lists the details of every year of income, and will give you your benefits,

retirementlawyer :

You have asked us how to calculate your benefits, the only way to do this is to us all your earnings history, not a few years,

retirementlawyer :

your 35 years of earnings history is what is used,

Customer:

i received a fraud alert from my credit card co. I was charged $20 over the $5 I approved. My card has now been frozen.

retirementlawyer :

If you worked less than 35 years, then you will have years where the SSA simply uses $0 for your earnings.

retirementlawyer :

That is something that I am not involved in, I can tell customer service about any charges, however I have given you the correct answer and ask that you reconsider your rating as we are graded on our service to customers.

retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Experience: 13 years experience in social security