Experience:  My experience over the years has involved Social Security,

I currently receive SSI and have since 1998 for Bipolar Disorder

I currently receive SSI and have since 1998 for Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. I want to find out if I can receive permanent disability with Medicare insurance from Social Security.
You are eligible for Social Security Disability if you can substantiate your disability with healthcare practitioners reports and if satisfy the work history requirements. I recommend that you file for this benefit as soon as possible. Additionally, I recommend that, if you have not already done so, you apply for Medicaid. Medicaid will provide for your healthcare. To read about the work history requirements for Social Security Disability you should go to the Social Security Administration web site If you are awarded Social Security Disability your Medicaid benefits will, after 2 years, convert to Medicare and, once you reach retirement age, your Social Security Disability will convert to Social Security Retirement benefits. There is a great deal of information available at the web site so if you need additional assistance after you have reviewed the material there, please feel free to return to me.