Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I received an SSA deposit on 11/1 for an amount 1/2 the size

I received an SSA deposit on 11/1 for an amount 1/2 the size as what I normally receive on the 2nd Wed of the month. What's this about?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

If you haven't received a letter explaining it, and don't in the next several days, you will want to inquire of your local SSA office or possibly at(NNN) NNN-NNNN This is not something that can be speculated about, given you lack of information in your post (which is understandable, if you have none to share).

I do suggest NOT spending it, until you are quite confident that it is owed you. The SSA makes overpayments erroneously, not infrequently, and by and large, the unsuspecting recipient ends up owing the SSA - and usually their benefits get docked later as a result, to their detriment.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy, ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX Joy, Esq.

Your online legal resource!