Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

the ssa doctor scored me at exactly the same GAF as my dr 42

the ssa doctor scored me at exactly the same GAF as my dr 42 and the vocational expert said there were no jobs I could does this mean I will get benfits

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

If you have a GAF of 42, that means "Serious symptoms (e.g., suicidal ideation, severe obsessional rituals, frequent shoplifting) or any serious impairment in social, occupational, or school functioning (e.g., no friends, unable to keep a job, cannot work)."

Megan C :

If there are no jobs that you are able to do, then you will be considered disabled by social security's standards, which means you will get benefits.

thank you just making sure

Megan C :

You're welcome

Megan C :

If you would, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer