R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience:  Tax & Social Security Benefits specialist
63817126

I have applied for social security on 09/20/2013.

I have applied for social security on 09/20/2013. My application number is XXXXX This is a follow email fo make sure it has been processed. I have not heard from you. What is the next step?XXXXXXXX phone Number is XXXXX I will wait for your reply I am using a hotel computer. todays date is 10/28/2013 at 1:10 p.m. Oxford Suites in Spokane, WA

We apologize for the inconvenience, however, we are not part of the Social Security Administration.

We are a service that answers Social Security questions. If you would like to know how the programs work, we can assist you. However, we do not have any personal information on this site. Please be patient with the SSA.

The government was closed for several weeks (you may have heard). During that time, the SSA processed no new applications. Your application is in line with thousands of others. Now that the government has reopened this week, it will take awhile to work through the backlog of applications.

The SSA does NOT have email to answer taxpayer questions directly. They can only provide you information by phone, regular mail or in a walk-in office. There is no need to call them at this time since they have not had an opportunity to process your request.