Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

I am in need of taking early (62) SS. Although I have the possibility

I am in need of taking early (62) SS. Although I have the possibility of a good paying job within the next 5 months in Haiti. I need the help in getting over the rough time until the job comes through. If I draw at this time will I be able to stop SS after some months and pick up after the job ends?( Could last 4-6 yrs, I realize that at 62 I will receive 25% less.)

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

You can suspend your social security benefits at any time, you see fit. If you do this, your benefit will once again continue to accumulate credits. That way, when you start up again, your benefit should be slightly higher than it was

Thanks, Myron for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you need a tax, finance, or social security question answered. It was a pleasure working with you today!