Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

CAN YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK BE GARNISHED WITHOUT YOU BEING

CAN YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK BE GARNISHED WITHOUT YOU BEING TOLD BECAUSE MY SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK WAS SHORT $150 DOLLARS THIS MONTH. AS FAR AS I KNOW I DO NOT OWE THE IRS ANYTHING.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: No, you should get a notice of the garnishment. For how the garnishment process works, click here

You need to contact Social Security Administration today to find out what happened to your money.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I AM SATIFIED AND REALLY APPRECIATE WHAT YOU SAY THANKS. XXXXX WHY IS IT POSTED OVER THE INTERNET THAT YOUR SSDI CHECK CAN BE GARNISHED

I AM SATIFIED AND REALLY APPRECIATE WHAT YOU SAY THANKS. MAY I ASK WHY IS IT POSTED OVER THE INTERNET THAT YOUR SSDI CHECK CAN BE GARNISHED

Response: Because it is true that your SSDI benefits can be garnished for child support, alimony, debt to the U.S. Government. However, you must be given notice of the garnishment.