Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am 64 years old. I have been on SS disability for almost

I am 64 years old. I have been on SS disability for almost 2 years. I am retired. My monthly medical costs are 45% or more of my monthly income every month. I get no coverage for out of state medical bills and owe thousands so sometimes I pay up to 60% of my monthly income. My wife has COPD and I have PARKINSONS and a severe heart condition. We are insured by Charter Oak Health Plan. I am going to have to drop coverage and don't know how to even afford medicine. I owe very little to creditors because. I have always struggled to pay my bills. Help!
G pelletier

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you doing today? I'm so sorry to hear about your issue. However I do have good news for you.

Megan C :

Once you have been on social security disability for 2 years, you qualify for Medicare. With Medicare you can get affordable coverage. This will help you out.

Megan C :

Now, I'm not certain how much this will help your wife out, because if she is not on disability or at least age 65 she would not qualify for Medicare.

Megan C :

Also, with the new Health insurance exchanges opening up, finding affordable care should be easier than ever before.

Megan C :

Do you have any questions about your options?

Megan C :

I hope this information will be helpful to your situation. If I have helped you out, please respond and let me know that I have provided you with excellent service

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer