Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

If your first husband passed away two years ago am i entitled

If your first husband passed away two years ago
am i entitled to a widows pension i do not know if he remarried or not and if he did
am still entitled to it

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your ex husband

Megan C :

If you were married for more than 10 years, you are entitled to a widow's benefit

Megan C :

It does not matter if your ex husband remarried or not. If he did remarry, you still get your benefit

Megan C :

Yes, you still get the same amount, nothing is impacted by his remarriage

Thanks, Carol for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you need a question answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

good morning this is carol i am asking this question for my daughter

she is on welfare she gets medical help does she still have to get

aditional medical coverage she cannot afford it does this mean she will

get a fine if she does not apply

If your daughter is on welfare and gets medical assistance, then chances are she will be eligible for free healthcare. She should not be fined for being unable to purchase insurance on the marketplace.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please take a moment to rate this response as "excellent" so that I may get further credit for assisting you today. Thanks again for being a valued customer.