Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

More detail, Im still waiting for an answer on the question

Customer Question

More detail, I'm still waiting for an answer on the question I wrote for David Julson.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you. Unfortunately, the system is not working to show me your oustanding questions, although it seems to indicate there are 3? I'd send a note to David J., but I don't know who that is. However, I will send a note to admin/moderator for you, to see if they can't find him. Hang in there!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry about that Steph. His name isXXXXX his SS # XXXXX XXXXX and his dob is 2/6/1963. His address is 18154 Clark, PO Box 643, Whitehall, WI. Like I said he was, after many attempts, granted disability only by the 2nd court appearance. From my understanding he's been on it for 7-8 years and now he's scared to death they are taking it from him.

This man lives alone and can only work 4-6 hours a week. He helps put back old phones at (PhoneCo., Inc.) in Galesville, WI. They sell them for movie sets and what not. Anyway with his hands getting so bad now he is having such a hard time that the owner of the business has been giving him other things to do. His knees and ankles are so bad that he falls a lot. He has been diagnosed with RA (that bad arthritis), corpor tunnel that they tried to fix, however, it caused even more damage and the torn ligiments in his arms have caused them to storten.

They are testing him for Lupas now. Also, if I haven't already said, 2 surgeons told him his knees cannot be fixed because they isn't enough left of them to fix. He will soon be in a wheelchair.

I am a family friend for 25-30 years now and after I retired and sent my boys off to college I moved here to help take care of my Dad. I also do things for David because he cannot read nor write either. He uses my e-mail because he doesn't know how to use a computer and I have to read everthing to him anyway. I hope this helps and I pray to God he gets a good response because without this money he will be homeless. This is the God's truth. Thank you for seeing what you can do.

His Friend Jen XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm not sure what other information I can give you. I gave you his name, SS#, address, phone number, dob, and what this letter said we got today. All he wants to know is does this mean he can't work 4-6 hours a week, or they took away his benefits and if so, why? If they did he is homeless. This man has mental health issues, and so many physical issues, plus can't read nor write. He just needs to know what all this means.

Hi Jen, sorry for the delay, I was taken away from the office yesterday and only saw this today. Also, just to be clear, you never did actually post your facts about David on this site, as now nothing is showing up other than what you and I can see when we scroll up.

Also, I'm not sure what the question is here? Can you please clarify:

HAS his benefits (SSDIB or SSI) been halted already? Or did he get a letter telling him they are reviewing his disability to see if he remains as limited as he was when he won, or if he improved? Is that what this is about?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Steph,

Thanks for answering. I know he received a letter telling him they were reviewing his case and he had a choice to have his benefits continue past August with the stipulation that if they decide to throw him off he'd have to repay the benefits. I filled out that form and had his benefits continued. Then he had to see some doctors, one of which also interviewed me without him present (it was a psyc Dr. I believe) and I was very honest and he told me that David should be fine and have his benefits continued.

Now he gets this new letter and it is very unclear what is going on. I read it that he can no longer work his 4-6 hours a week and I am with hope I am correct. However, it is so unclear that I'm afraid they may be taking him off disability.

Honestly, if they take him off I don't know what this poor guy will do. He really is that bad off Steph. I hope I'm telling you enough because I really want to help him. Thank you for helping us here, we both appreciate your help.

Jeanette Q, for David J. Julson, Whitehall, WI

His number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand he can answer questions on the phone. He just can't read or write.

My number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Again, thank you.

Hi Jen, we are not permitted to speak outside of this forum, currently. But with regard to your post:

Thanks for answering. I know he received a letter telling him they were reviewing his case and he had a choice to have his benefits continue past August with the stipulation that if they decide to throw him off he'd have to repay the benefits. OK, so since all (nearly) beneficiaries get reviewed in this way, as a matter of law (SSA is required to review), this should not be terribly concerning, so long has he has not improved, and has medical treatment records for from the time he won his case to now, confirming his ongoing limitations. (It always a good idea for an SSD beneficiary to order his own records at least annually, and retain them for safekeeping.

I filled out that form and had his benefits continued. Great.

Then he had to see some doctors, one of which also interviewed me without him present (it was a psyc Dr. I believe) and I was very honest and he told me that David should be fine and have his benefits continued. Great.

Now he gets this new letter and it is very unclear what is going on. I read it that he can no longer work his 4-6 hours a week and I am with hope I am correct. However, it is so unclear that I'm afraid they may be taking him off disability. You will have to upload it or type it here, the exact language.

Honestly, if they take him off I don't know what this poor guy will do. He really is that bad off Steph. Sounds like all of my clients. Very sad.

I hope I'm telling you enough because I really want to help him. Thank you for helping us here, we both appreciate your help.You have to clarify this latest letter.

His number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand he can answer questions on the phone. He just can't read or write. Sorry, I can' not call. Hopefully you can respond here.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Hello again, Jen. Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because my job depends on it. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service - to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. - Owner of the Social Security Disability Law Office