Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am receiving Social Security on my own record and 1/2 of

I am receiving Social Security on my own record and 1/2 of what my husband received. What will happen if I remarry?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

If you are over the age of 60, then there is no impact on your benefits if you are to remarry

Thanks, Judy for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a tax, finance, or social security question. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.