Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have been divorced for 27 years....I was married to Alfred

Customer Question

I have been divorced for 27 years....I was married to Alfred J. Frasier for 24 years. Can I draw on his social security? I am currently married to Herbert A Ross.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

When did you get married to Mr. Ross?

Megan C :

If you got married to Mr. Ross prior to reaching the age of 60, you cannot draw a social security benefit off of Mr. Fraiser

Megan C :

If Mr. Fraiser has passed away, you can draw a benefit off his survivor benefit provided that your marriage to Mr. Ross happened after the age of 60.

Megan C :

If he is still alive, then your marriage to Mr. Ross would prevent you from receiving spousal benefits off of Mr. Frasier.

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions about this matter?

Megan C :

Have I provided you with excellent service today?

Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer