Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

Just want to clarify, can me and my husband get my spouse benefit

Just want to clarify, can me and my husband get my spouse benefit and his retirement benefit at the same time? What will happen if my husband dies, will I still get spouse benefits?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today

Megan C :

Yes, you and your husband can get your spouse benefit at the same time.

Megan C :

If your husband is to pass away you will get his benefit (but won't get the spouse benefit). This benefit is called the survivor benefit

Thanks, Marie for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.