Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I retired at age 62 . That was 10 years ago this past August.

I retired at age 62 . That was 10 years ago this past August. Is it too late to apply for FAASF benifits. Why am I just finding out that this exist? I live in N GA now
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 11 months ago.

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Unfortunately, as you have already applied for and received benefits, FAASF is not available to you

Megan C :

And to make you feel better, you cannot use FAASF early, like at age 62

Megan C :

You have to wait until you are full retirement age, which for you was 65

Megan C :

FAASF only works for those who are full retirement age or older,

Megan C :

Social security will not advertise these benefits to you - unfortunately so they will not tell you that they are available, it's up to you to do your research

Customer:

Thank you. I feel so much better now that I am not going be helping Obama drain the econamy of what is left in the SS funds

Megan C :

You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Customer:

I can use a small box of 100S

Megan C :

LOL :-) Me too, but I can't help you with that.

Megan C :

wish I could!

Megan C :

If there's nothing else you need assistance with pertaining to this question, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer:

I know but I alway feel obligated to ask

Megan C :

You never know....someone may help you out one day

Customer:

I have not used Dare2try me for over 6 years

Megan C :

Wow...that's a long time

Customer:

I appreciate nyour time

Customer:

bye

Megan C :

Okay if you would, please rate my response as "excellent' using the rating feature along the bottom of your screen

Megan C :

That's how I receive credit for assisting you

Customer:

ok shure

Megan C :

Thanks so much

Megan C :

The rating feature is along the bottom of the screen

Experience: Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Expert:  Megan C replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site. Thanks again.