LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

If i retire from mich then move down south to live with a relative

Customer Question

If i retire from mich then move down south to live with a relative will my soc sec be changed to a lesser amount when i turn sixty two
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social security benefits remain the same, regardless of your state of residence. Your benefits are based entirely on your lifetime income and do not change based on your location. You could even move out of country and the benefit would remain at the same amount for you.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

If you have additional questions, you may reply back to me using the Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

I wish you the best in your future.