Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My brother has lost his Social Security Disability payments

My brother has lost his Social Security Disability payments and his caseworker is now sending him to an agency designated doctor for re-determination. My brother may have also lost his Medicare coverage. Will my brother be charged for his visit for this re-determination exam?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Megan C :

The answer to your question is "no" he will not be charged for the redetermination visit, if he was sent there by a caseworker.

Megan C :

These are set up for the government, therefore that's who will foot the bill for this examination.

Customer:

Megan,

Customer:

Thank you so much. I am doing better now.

Megan C :

That's good. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer:

Only if you know how I can get my brother to tell me the truth.

Megan C :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Megan C :

Oh, I'm sorry to hear it...can't help you with your brother. Wish I could though!

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX!

Megan C :

Thanks so much

Thanks, Lee for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me for any of your tax, finance, or social security questions. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated, as it will assist with rankings on the site. Thanks so much for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.