Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Can I find out if my ex-wife is collecting on my social se

Can I find out if my ex-wife is collecting on my social security?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

Unfortunately, social security will not divulge information about other individuals. So, they will not let you know whether or not she is drawing

Megan C :

However, her drawing has no impact on your benefit.

Megan C :

You will draw the same regardless of whether or not she is drawing.

Customer:

Can I not ask for my records including anyone drawing on my account?

Megan C :

You can ask about your records, but they will not divulge information about your ex wife.

Megan C :

I'm truly sorry.

Customer:

Well, thanks anyway -- she decries her current financial condition and denies receiving benefits -- it just seems that since I am the one that earned the $, I would somehow be able to find who is the recipient of the benefits.

Customer:

No other legal recourse?

Megan C :

No, there's no other recourse. If she's taking you to court for spousal maintenance, you could have your attorney get her on record stating whether she is receiving benefits or not.

Megan C :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Megan C :

If not, will you reply and let me know if I have provided you with excellent service, keeping in mind that I am penalized for negative ratings. I'm truly sorry that we could not give you information on your ex wife.

Customer:

No, but this has been helpful -- thank you.

Megan C :

You're welcome

Megan C :

You can rate using the rating feature along the bottom of the screen.

Thanks, Kemper for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you need a question answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

IN a few days you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist with my rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.