Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

if i retire at 64 can my spouse draw half of my social sec

if i retire at 64 can my spouse draw half of my social security?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

Your spouse can draw 1/2 of your benefit, provided that they are full retirement age or older. If they are also 64 then they will draw approximately 40% of your benefit, because it is reduced for drawing benefits early

Customer:

what if spouse is only 62?

Megan C :

Then they will get about 35% of your amount

Thank you so much for your positive rating and generous bonus. Please come back and visit me any time you need a question answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey would be appreciated, as it will assist with rankings on the site. Thanks for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't believe I received a survey.

It takes a few days for the survey to arrive. I would appreciate high marks on this as it will help with rankings on the site. Thanks again.