Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Can I change my Social Security benefit dare?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Do you mean can you change your social security benefit date?

Customer:

Yes, a variable date to recive checks causes difficulties.

Megan C :

I'm truly sorry, but you cannot change from the date that social security has chosen for you - which is a certain wednesday of the month

Megan C :

You can't choose a targeted date for your benefits

Customer:

That is too bad. Sounds like another government fuzzy SNAFU to me.

Customer:

They have computer that could pay on any day.

Megan C :

I understand, and I'm sorry if you are frustrated. I think they should let you choose your date, or at least have the dates on the same day each month but unfortunately that's not how it is set up.

Customer:

Thanks. I will tell Santa to leave a small package for you and to forget the coal.

Megan C :

Thank you so much! Do you have any further questions?

Megan C :

If not, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Are you married? Hahaha

Thanks so much for your positive rating. Please come back and see me any time you have a tax, finance, or social security question. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site. Thanks and have a great day.