Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

If my spouse die due to cancer and I am not 65 yet, will SSS

If my spouse die due to cancer and I am not 65 yet, will SSS be giving me SS benefit?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today? I'm sorry to hear that your spouse may have cancer.

Megan C :

If your spouse dies, and you are age 60 or older you will be eligible for a social security benefit

Megan C :

If you are under 60 you will receive the benefit as early as your 60th birthday

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions about this matter? If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Megan C :

Your benefit is equal to your spouses full benefit if you take the benefit at your full retirement age. If you take the benefit sooner than full retirement age, it will be reduced. You can draw the survivor benefit or your own benefit, but not both

Thanks, Marie for your positive rating. Please come back and see me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Positive feedback on that survey would be appreciated, as it assists me with rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.