Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

if i am already getting ss benefits am i eligible for ss d

if i am already getting ss benefits am i eligible for ss disability?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Unfortunately, each person is only entitled to one social security benefit, and if you are already drawing retirement you would not be eligible to draw a disability benefit as well.

Megan C :

You are generally only qualified for disability if you are under full retirement age and are disabled. If you already drew your retirement benefit early, you could switch to disability benefits if your disability began before your retirement benefits commenced

thank you for your time

Megan C :

You're welcome. If you would, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you toeday

Megan C :

Thanks, Joseph for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me for any of your tax, finance, or social security questions. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey would be appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site., Thanks again!