dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Please explain what this SS 211 plan is. I am turning 65 this

Customer Question

Please explain what this SS 211 plan is. I am turning 65 this month. I don't have a medicare number yet. I would like to get set up. I currently have coverage with Blue cross and Blue shield ( Excellus plan) of New York. I am not taking my SS benefits. I am going to continue to work. Age 65 on 9/19/2013
Linda
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

I'm not sure what you mean by the social security 211 plan. If you are referring to the national advertisement for a website, that website is not legitimate.

Megan C :

In terms of social security, section 211 of the law deals with earnings from self employment, which I do not think is of interest to you based on your question.

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

FIRST, I do not want a membership. If you are telling me the ads on the TV are not legitimate then I don't need your services.

Megan C :

Is that what you are referring to is socialsecurity211.com?

Megan C :

We've had several questions about that recently

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

Yes, I am

Megan C :

If you go to that site, you are redirected to another site, which is not legitimate. It's not related to social security, and it's trying to get you to pay $1.97 for free government giveaway information.

Megan C :

It's basically a worthless site.

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

Okay thank you Good Bye

Megan C :

Have I provided you with excellent service today?

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

Is this going to cost me $30.00?

Megan C :

I am an expert on the site, I do not handle payment arrangements or details. If that is what you agreed upon with the site, then that is what it costs

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

Well we don't want to talk about sites that provide no valve. I shouldn't be charged for responding to a question regarding this bogus site.

Megan C :

If you would like your money back, you can contact customer service and they will assist you with that.

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

Okay thank you

Megan C :

You're welcome.

JACUSTOMER-i3p01rcq- :

Make sure I am not billed anymore then the $30.00

Megan C :

I show that you are not a subscriber, so you will not have any further charges.