Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

I have been working at my job for the last 25 years. I plan

I have been working at my job for the last 25 years. I plan to leave my position as I can no longer do the job due to a disability. I am taking leave of absences currently. They are going to offer a $40k severence package to leave early like a buyout. I am leaving and plan to file for ssdi. Would taking this package to leave my job disqualify me to receive SSDI? Thank you.

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

The receipt of this severance package will NOT disqualify you from receiving SSDI. You can draw the package and get social security at the same time.

MyVirtualCPA :

So, go ahead and take the severance as it will not impact your potential benefits

MyVirtualCPA :

Do you have any further questions? If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again!