Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

Im 64y8m married male. My Reduced Benefit Amount is $1748 I

I'm 64y8m married male.
My Reduced Benefit Amount is $1748
I plan on continuing to work @$38,000 annual.
Can I receive any monthly benefits? The SSA office here (LONGVIEW TX)
Say NO. The online (SSA Publication No. 05-10003) makes it appear that I could get approximately $790 per month. Where did I mess up with my calculation?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

You did not mess up with your calculation! You can continue to work and your benefit would be about $794 per month. The office is incorrect.

MyVirtualCPA :

What you do is apply for benefits, then let them know how much you are making. Your benefit will be reduced accordingly

MyVirtualCPA :

I would call the 1-800 number to apply

I think SSA is trying to reduce the number of people applying.

Thanks, Michael for your positive rating -and generous bonus. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. IT was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a survey. Your positive feedback on that survey is appreciated, as it will help me with my rankings on the site.