Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am 68 and working. I would like to cancel my health insurance

I am 68 and working. I would like to cancel my health insurance from my job and go on medicare A and B. Is this legal?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

It is completely legal to drop your healthcare and go with Medicare. You are entitled to Medicare benefits. It just takes a long time for your card to come because they just take a while to get things done. You should not worry.

Customer:

I applied August 2.

Customer:

I mean July 2

MyVirtualCPA :

That's fine. It can take some time for the cards to come in. If you don't have them by the end of next week, call 1-800-772-1213 and speak with social security

Customer:

OK, thanks. Annegret

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome. If you would, please rate my response as "exccellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

OK. Have a nice day.

MyVirtualCPA :

You too

Thanks, Ernest for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finace or social security questions. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be appreciated as that will assist me with my rankings on the site.

Thanks again!