Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am having issues submitting my application for disability

I am having issues submitting my application for disability benefits. The form insists that my prior marriages must have lasted 10 years. Is there any way you can help?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

Are you applying for your own benefit, or a benefit off a spouse's record? Disability is typically your own personal benefit, and therefore your marital status or the length of your marriage would not impact your benefits/

MyVirtualCPA :

Perhaps you are filling out the wrong form?

MyVirtualCPA :

Could you please provide more details of what you are trying to accomplish

Customer:

I do not believe I am using the wrong form. I am applying for my own disability against my social security number.

MyVirtualCPA :

If that's the case, then your spousal records do not matter

MyVirtualCPA :

The length of your marriage will not impact your benefits

Customer:

I have been disabled since April 2012 since shoulder surgery and have been seeing a Pain Management specialist for about 3 years for my back issues.

Customer:

the form will not let me submit online. Should I go to the social security office to accomplish this?

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are having difficulties submitting your application online, then yes - it would be quickest to go to the office

MyVirtualCPA :

Otherwise you would call the 1-800 number and they could assist you there

Customer:

thank you so much you are a great help

MyVirtualCPA :

That's great please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Betty for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did give you an excellent rating and have an appt. with SS office thank you again

You're welcome, Betty. Have a great day!