Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am 62 years old and I am very obese 425lbs because of a blown

I am 62 years old and I am very obese 425lbs because of a blown out lower back and torn knee cartilage that has forced me to be idle and sit. the pain is extremely terrible. I could not work outside of the house and then it would have to be in front of the computer. I have in the past been self employed buying real estate, owning businesses and working on long term deals that come and go. Therefore I never paid myself and my social security contributions had been from my younger days of working and paying. I probably stopped contributing around 29 years of age.

Can I collect social security disability and how much would that be a month, if so.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Unfortunately, if you have not worked in the last 5 years, you would not qualify for social security disability

MyVirtualCPA :

However, at your age you can draw your early retirement benefit.

MyVirtualCPA :

If you want to draw your early retirement benefit, the only way to find out how much your check would be is to call 1-800-772-1213

Customer:

ty

Customer:

is there anything else I can apply for

MyVirtualCPA :

No, just early retirement

Customer:

ty rate is excellant

MyVirtualCPA :

Okay you can use the rating feature at the bottom of the screen

MyVirtualCPA :

Select 5 stars or smileys

Experience: Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be appreciated, as it assist me with the rankings on the site.