CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
Experience:  My experience over the years has involved Social Security,
50756543

I would like to transfer my ss check from a savings account

I would like to transfer my ss check from a savings account to my checking account

This is a relatively simple process although some patience will be needed. The Social Security Administration handles this as a routine processing item. You should keep the savings account open until you have seen 2 benefit payments processed into your checking account to be safe. If you do not do this and SSA pays into the closed savings account the funds will be returned to them and you could experience delays in receiving your benefits.

To handle the matter go to the following link. Once there follow the instructions carefully and you will be good to go.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/deposit/

Is there anything else I can help you with? If so, please feel free to reply. If I have addressed your concerns to your satisfaction, please rate my service. Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.