Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Why arent there stricter laws protecting children of deceased

Why aren't there stricter laws protecting children of deceased parents that receive SS death benefits? And why are there no consequence when the payees take advantage of these children for their own benefit. I realize the SSA demands receipts ledger's and such after the damage is done but what good is it doing? The child is out that money and no consequence for the offenders, they should be in prison! Is there a way to raise awareness and force stiffer laws?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: You can start by contacting your U.S. Senators and Representatives. You can use the sites to find your Senators and Representatives:

U.S. Senate

U.S. House of Representatives

You may also contact your local TV Stations and newspapers so that they cover the issue and shine little light on the problem.

Next, you may contact TV programs such as 60 Minutes on CBS and 20/20 on ABC:

60 Minutes

20/20