Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

I am 65, not working. Husband 66, working. Considering filing

I am 65, not working. Husband 66, working. Considering filing now for benefits myself, and spouse also then filing for FAASF now, allowing his benefits to grow til 70. Want to be sure he can continue to work another 1.5 yrs without losing credits toward his future retirement at 70 and that he can collect FAASF at the same time. He is full retirement age.

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, your husband can continue to work and follow FAASF

MyVirtualCPA :

He can work without losing credit towards his retirement

MyVirtualCPA :

He can work and draw spousal benefits at the same time

Thank you.

Thanks, Janet for your postiive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, and social security needs.

In a couple of days you will recieve a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey will assist with my rankings on the site. I thank you in advance for your understanding