Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am on social security disability-retired. I am 66 years

I am on social security disability-retired. I am 66 years old and will need to work part time to pay bills very soon. How much can I earn?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are full retirement age, which is 66, then your benefits are no longer disability benefits. You are on retirement benefits

MyVirtualCPA :

As you are full retirement age, you can earn an unlimited amount and still draw your full benefit

MyVirtualCPA :

Work to your hearts content.

Customer:

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if I would be able to draw my full benefits. Your answers were perfect!

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm glad I could help. If you would, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Thanks you so much. I was not sure if I would still be able to draw full benefits and work.

Customer:

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if I would still be able to draw full benefits and work. Regards, Beverly

Thanks Beverly for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA any time you need a tax, finance, or social security question answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a short survey. I would appreciate positive feedback on that survey as that will help me with my rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JA customer.