Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Will I still be eligible for drawing US social security if

Will I still be eligible for drawing US social security if I return to the UK and lose my green card status in the US?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Since you are a resident of one of the countries with which the United States has a Social Security (Totalization) Agreement, your payments will continue as long as you are a resident of an International Social Security (Totalization) Agreement Country.

MyVirtualCPA :

So yes, even if you give up your greencard you can still continue to draw your US Social Security benefit

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything additional I could assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today