Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

What is the amount of earned income one can make and not be

What is the amount of earned income one can make and not be taxed on Social Security? Also,if my spouse retires now at age 63 and I don't retire until 67, will his benefits increase at age 65?
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Thanks for your question. If 1/2 your social security plus your earnings is 32000 or less, none of your social security benefits are taxable.

If your husband retires now on his record, then switches to a spousal benefit when you retire it is possible that his benefits will increase. If the spousal benefit is less than his benefit then he will not have a change at 65.

Thanks for using and have a great day. Please rate me as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.