Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My husband and I are both disabled and we have a 22 year

My husband and I are both disabled and we have a 22 year old daughter. She has dislaxcia and bipolar. she is unable to read and comprehend She has difficulty with numbers and can not give out change or tell time,With her bipolar she gets angry very easly and has a very low self esteem. Would she qualify for any type of aide?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters condition.

MyVirtualCPA :

Fortunately, she would qualify for benefits based on either your benefit or your husbands benefit

MyVirtualCPA :

Since she is disabled and that disability began before the age of 22, she is eligible for an adult child's benefit

MyVirtualCPA :

That benefit would be equal to 50% of whichever benefit is greater - yours or your husband

Customer:

what do we do at this point or how do we get started?

MyVirtualCPA :

You can get started by contacting social security. You can call 1-800-772-1213 or visit your local office

Customer:

Do you have the Fresno social security address.

MyVirtualCPA : XXXXX
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
Customer:

Thank so much for your help

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome. If you would, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

MyVirtualCPA :

The rating feature is located along the bottom of your screen

Thanks, Amalia for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a short survey. Please fill this survey out favorably, as it will assist me with my rankings on the site. Thanks again.