Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Where can I get free/low-cost help to figure out my finances?

Where can I get free/low-cost help to figure out my finances? I'm on Disability and only receive $730/month, which is not enough to pay off my credit card debt.

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com

MyVirtualCPA :

There are free or low cost consumer credit counselors in your area, and you can locate one by going to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling website.

MyVirtualCPA :

Here is the link: http://www.nfcc.org/

Customer:

Are they all pretty reputable on that site?

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, and you would choose a non profit organization

Customer:

Ok, thank you very much. :)

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome

MyVirtualCPA :

If you would, please rate my response as "excellent' so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Carrie for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security questions. It was a pleasure working with you.

You may receive a survey in the next couple of days. A high rating of 9-10 on this survey would be appreciated, as it will help me with my standing on the site and ability to continue answering questions. Thanks again.