Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am currently receiving disability benefits and have for 5

I am currently receiving disability benefits and have for 5 years. I started working 40 hours a week 3 weeks ago and will have to stop in 3 weeks, because of more surgery. What do I have to do? I can't find a phone number anywhere to call and explain my situation. I will be working 240 hours total. Is this a problem? I have not worked in any for 2 years and this is just an opportunity to make a little money.

Diane Gaehle
XXX-XXX-XXXX

Customer:

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Customer:

How are you today?

Customer:

You can work up to 9 months and make an unlimited amount of money. This is called a "trial work period"

Customer:

You can work 9 months within a 5 year period.

Customer:

If you wish to speak with social security about this issue, you would call 1-800-772-1213 or visit your local office

Customer:

However, you can work up to 9 months without impact on your benefits.

Customer:

After that 9 month period is up, you can earn $1,040 per month for up to 36 months.

JACUSTOMER-4xmsm19l- :

thanks

Customer:

You're welcome

Customer:

If you would, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your positive rating. Please be sure to come back and visitCustomerfor any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. IT was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a survey from the site. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated, as it assists me with my standing on the site.