Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

i will be turning age 65 in november of this year but i want

Customer Question

i will be turning age 65 in november of this year but i want to start receiving my soc security benefits asap. i have a job and will continue to work there for at least another year. i earn 75,245 gross per year. how will this affect me?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

How are you today? I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but with your income you would not be able to draw your benefits, as you earn too much. You will have to wait for your full retirement age which is 66. Then you can work an unlimited amount and still draw benefits.

I realize that this is not the news you had hoped to hear. However, I have to give you an honest assessment of the situation. Please don't rate me negatively as this penalizes me for my honesty.

Thanks again for using JustAnswer and please don't forget to rate as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting today.
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer