dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

Our Son was born at 28 weeks. he spent 3 months in the NICU

Our Son was born at 28 weeks. he spent 3 months in the NICU and had 2 large brain bleeds. He is diagnosed with CP and we were able to receive SSI for me the past year. By the way he is child number 11 for us.

We received a bill the past month stating we owe all the back SSI payment back to them. They said I made to much money and he never qualified for SSI. After it taking 2 days to get through to them and speak to a person who was rude. I found out after asking probing questions somehow they lost all his dependants off of his case. How do you loose 10 other brothers and sisters off of his case file.

We went back and forth with them and they made us an appointment to come in. well we called the day of the appointment and talked to the rude lady again and she said that we couldn't make our appointment because the time scheduled on their system, they were closed. So they know have lost all of his dependants off his file and making appointments for times they are actually closed. So we again had to reschedule and do this again.

His appointment was for today and again we called b4 leaving to it mind you we cancelled his therapy twice now to make these appointments and when we called the rude lady said we had no appointment. So I was a little upset at this point. We do have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 11:00 am and was wondering if you had any advice for us going into this meeting.

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 34 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

What you are describing is unfortunately very common as the SSA makes many, many errors. Hopefully you will be talking to a supervisor. And, if the error is not corrected, before leaving the office file two forms: Waiver of Overpayment and Request for Reconsideration. This will move your appeal of their decison up to the next level where typically a person with much more knowledge will reveiw your claim. I wish you well.